RE: [pyrnet] Little sister for Kodiak

Hi Christine,

<< We are looking for a little sister for Kodiak (Kodi). >>

Have you tried Petfinder.com or the National Pyr Rescue Group or Kodi’s breeder? When I started this same process a few years ago I never thought it would take almost a year to find a dog. I was pretty specific about what I wanted and didn’t want, I didn’t want a mix and had no time/extra money for a special needs dog and the dog had to get along with Pico. I was very upfront about this with the rescue orgs that I dealt with, some were ok about that and worked with me, some not so much.

Laela, my rescue, is 3 years younger than Pico. She is my first female and Pico is my second male. Laela is my velcro dog. As I write this, she is sleeping at my feet, well, to be more accurate, she is actually laying on my feet and snoring away. I find her to be a little pushier than my males and a little sharper in temperament. It is her mission in life to guard me from all strangers. Once you are in the pack, however, you are treated like her long lost pal when you come to the door.

I am very glad I got her and was amazed at how quickly she was assimilated into the home.

Elaine, Pico and Laela