From: Christine <chrissy@instant.net>
To: pyrnet-l <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Mon, November 16, 2009 9:16:32 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] Little sister for Kodiak

Greetings All,

We are looking for a little sister for Kodiak (Kodi). We have had many leads and sources and I thought I would try a little "word of mouth" on line.

A little background:

Kodi will be two in February. A dog younger than Kodi would be ideal, but not a puppy. Kodi is happy, incredibly social, well mannered and prefers to be outdoors. He gets along well with other dogs and he has never growled or bitten. A little sister would be an outdoor dog even though I love having the dogs in the house. Our dogs have always been well behaved in the house. **We do not crate.** We have three cavernous structures in the house that one of the dogs usually intuitively uses as a lair. We have over an acre of land with a heavily forested area and lots of room for a roaming Pyr.  I should point out that South Texas is hot and humid.

As a very brief track record: We have had three Newfs, Four Pyrs, a Bouvier, a German Shepard and a Husky. Only one of our dogs died prematurely due to the bloat. He was about 7. We had him a long time ago. Now we only want a Pyr. I am uncertain about Pyr/mixes since I have only ever seen two.

The other thing is that we have never had a female dog.  If an older female Pyr can get along with an energetic young male Pyr; than the age difference may not matter ~ though I really have no idea. I figure there must be some differences between a male and female Pyr. I mean, there are many differences between male & female cats, especially with certain breeds. I could write a treatise about a few basic differences between the male and female Manx. I am wondering if there any noteworthy differences between the sexes of the Pyr? I am not trying to be stereotypical or asking anyone to generalize but sometimes people who had both sexes of a breed can point out a few things.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Christine

PS:

I didn't know eBay had classifieds. Check this out:

This listing seems odd and made me feel very uneasy:

http://sanantonio.ebayclassifieds.com/c-Pets-Dogs-puppies-Great-Pyrenees-Puppies-W0QQAdIdZ168468427

And look at the web site. Look how they show the "parents."

http://www.pyrenees.weebly.com