RE: [pyrnet] CHAT, HEALTH : ear infection - amikacin prescribed

Amy – thanks for the kind words

Judith – I have started searching the online sites, but it doesn’t seem to be a widely available drug. The vial I got from the vet is 250mg/ml and he gets 5 ml a day. I have not had allergy testing done on him. I know he is sensitive to flax, salmon oil and eggs and possibly lamb or rice.

Shirley – I did look at a Canadian site, but they said it would take 5-8 days for shipping and I didn’t want to take a chance on the shipment  being held up for any reason

Deb – I just called CVS and they were unable to fill the prescription, but I will try some of the other pharmacies – someone also mentioned compounding pharmacies, so I will look at those.

Guypithecus – have you ever ordered from agmahs.com – I am a little nervous about ordering from a new site unless I get recommendations and this is his dosage

Suzanne – thanks for the recommendation for the liquid health – I just ordered some zymox, but will save this – PA is a nasty bug and I have to say I am a little worried – I will add Target to my list of Pharmacies to call

Mary – I am worried about the big guy and would just be devastated if something happened – my vet seems pretty confident, based on the culture, that the amikacin will take care of the infection – I sure hope so

Thanks for all your ideas and helpful suggestions – I guess I will keep surfing tonight and call some pharmacies tomorrow – Pico goes in for his follow-up on Friday to see if the amakacin is working or if we go to plan b – don’t ask me what plan b is, but I think it might be the surgery that Mary’s dog had to go through

Elaine, Pico and Laela