RE: [pyrnet] Pyr Paranoia

He's being his normal guardian self. I bet there was something out there that you couldn't see or sense. Pyrs are the most wonderful guardians ever. My Arizona, before retiring, kept watch over our goats and chicken flock. She knew when the hawks were nearby, way before we even realized it. And then one night I got to watch her in action while guarding the chicken house. The killed a racoon who was trying to get in. That was quite an experience. There is no doubt that she would lay down her life to protect her family -- animals and all.

From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Trudy and the pack
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 1:00 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Pyr Paranoia

Hi all - I have a question for everyone - Just wondering if my year and a half old boy, Orso, is normal or actually has a mental problem.  Last night he had one of his scenes - it was dinner time and the wind had just started blowing,  Orso eats outside.  I was just ready to put his food down and he suddenly caught the smell of 'something' and he was off - head up running the yard and barking - and so it went for the next 2 - 3 hours - he never did eat and was on edge all night.  I live out in the country so neighbors are not nearby and don't mind the barking - so that is not a problem.  I just feel bad when he gets so paranoia and I can't get his mind off of it.

So, tell me please, is this just a Pyr thing - or is he overly dramatic?

Thanks all,

LoLa & Orso's mom, Trudy