RE: [pyrnet] Cuddly Pyrs

Bitty Girl decides when she needs affection!  She will come up to you, and with her big giant head, move your hand so it is on her head for scratches!  She also gets on the bed in the morning and puts her head on my (or my husband's) chest for scratches - if you don't, then you get the 'grip' paw.  But, she is extremely tolerant of the girls.  If she is sleeping on her side, the baby (17 months) can't resist to get between her front and back legs, and lean against her chest/stomach.  And Bitty just lays there.

Melissa, Bitty Girl(pyr) and Timber (Lab)

From: ChristineCvs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:37:03 -0500
Subject: [pyrnet] Cuddly Pyrs
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org

Hi,

Does anyone have Pyrs that are cuddly?  My Cody only wants be pet if I'm scratching the right spot.  He'll tolerate a hug very briefly and has never given kisses.  Are most Pyrs like this and it is just part of their aloofness?  If I try to walk with him outside, he stays a good pace in front of me and speeds up if I catch up to him.  He is happiest sitting on the hill or in the middle of the grape vines and watching everyone else's property for them.  He is really a house dog, but spends alot of time outdoors while we are home.  But, not in the summer.  Then he prefers the central air vent on the kitchen floor!

Christine

Windows Live Hotmail gives you a free,exclusive gift. Click here to download.