[pyrnet] Glucosamine/Chondroitin

Josie is 11 and we've had her since she was a puppy.  She has never, ever cried out in pain or ever shown that she was in distress from pain. She has survived the indignations and discomforts of our 10 grandchildren's physical, yet loving play with a quiet dignity that must be the inbred into the pyr's temperment.

Lately she has developed a slight limp in her front legs.  I assume that she is in some kind of pain, but she doesn't express it. Our vet suggests that she may have arthritis.  It's been suggested by friends that we start giving her glucosimine chondoitin.  Has anyone had any experience with this treatment?