[pyrnet] RE: Pedigree Dogs Exposed

Hello,
I do not think popularity really has anything to do with the health of the breed. If you really think about it, the very popular breeds... ones with millions of dogs, should be the most healthy (phyically and genetically) as there will be a large gene pool and lots of good sires/dams to select among and pair up.

The real problem underlying the health issues is irresponsible breeders.  The ones who are in it to produce a product (puppies) and make money.  Of course, these folks are not breed fanciers of any sort, they choose a marketable breed, get a male and female, and start up the assembly line.

I am quite disgusted with these sorts of folks... they are going to ruin lots of breeds.

  Keith and Soo Weber
  http://www.sdk-weber.com