[pyrnet] RE: CHAT; HEALTH; BEHAVIOR: Sampson - no real options for the bone cancer, question about Molly

Linda,
	I am so very sorry to read about Sampson. I am sure you are just
heartsick over this, but it is the right thing to do and hopefully that will
bring a little comfort. I wish I had the chance to bring Pico home one last
time, to feed him his favorite treats and sit with him and hug him and take
a few last pictures, but it was not to be.

	Having gone through this just a month ago with Pico, I was in pain
from his passing, but at peace with the decision I had to make. Now, a month
down the road, I don't tear up every time I think of him, well, except for
right now and I can remember him with smiles.

	I don't really know the best action to take with Molly as I have
been fumbling through this myself with Laela. I haven't really made any
changes and I have really just let her do what she wants. I know that she
spends more time outside now than she used to. She does seem lonely and
that, more than anything else, has started me down the road to find a
companion for her. I am sure you and Molly will find a solution that works
for you both.

	One thing that I did change was something that seemed to me like a
small thing, but got such a reaction from Laela that it made me laugh. It
was the evening of the day that I said goodbye to Pico. It was Laela's
dinner time and I got her bowl, filled it up and went to put it in the usual
place. Now, Pico had food issues and I always fed them in separate rooms,
Pico got the kitchen and Laela got the breakfast room. Of course, there was
no reason to feed Laela in the breakfast room anymore, so I picked up Pico's
bowl and put her bowl down in the kitchen. Well, she just stood in the
breakfast room and looked at the bowl and then looked at me and then looked
at the bowl again as if to say, "Mom, it's in the wrong place". I told her
it was OK and to come and get her dinner. Well, her entire demeanor changed,
she got this really happy look on her face, did this hopping, spinning in a
circle thing I had never seen before and made a beeline for the bowl. She
was just soooo excited to eat in the kitchen, she had made it to the big
time! It was the one thing that made me laugh that day and I will never
forget her reaction.

	We will keep you and Sampson in our hearts and when you say goodbye
to him this weekend, know that he will be greeted by Pico and Garth, Toby
and Ski and will be healthy and whole and waiting to see you again.

Elaine and Laela