RE: [pyrnet] How do working LGD's cue in on predator activity

We had an interesting encounter this weekend- we were at a public event where dogs were welcome and our laid back pyr Tugboat was with us - usually you can take him anywhere and he exhibits the normal Pyr lethargic slow forward movement waiting for the next place to plop in the grass. My husband had Tugs leash when he said that Tug suddenly came alive, made a u-turn and headed in the opposite direction and stuck his nose in one of those silly dog strollers and let out a low grumble- the husband was taken by surprise as Tug is not ever aggressive. The man walking the stroller said oh how cute- he loves my puppy too, the husband reigned in Tug and said so what is that and the guy replied that the puppy is a wolf hybrid- Great- So Hubs said nope my dog does not love your puppy- he is working on instinct and instinct tells him that there is a predator in a stroller and that he must protect against said predator- he was able to redirect the Tugboat but it took a while for Tugs to calm down and go back to functional lethargy- so how do they know? Try thousands of years of instinct
paige
Lone Star Pyrs and Paws Rescue