RE: [pyrnet] How do working LGD's cue in on predator activity

Title: Message

<< I am just waiting for bear or mountain lion to appear, as they allegedly have been seen in the area. Hope the fence and the Pyr bark would deter them. >>

Hi Beth,

            We have quite a few black bears in my part of CT, believe it or not, and the only time I had a problem with them in my yard was just after Pico had died and Laela had not taken over yard duties yet. I actually had a cub stuck in the fenced in area of the yard with his mom roaring at him to get out. After that, Laela seemed to figure out that she was needed in the yard and she spends more time out there and the bear have not been back since even though I have seen them in the area.

Elaine and Laela