Re: [pyrnet] Water and Rain

Bacchus doesn't seem to notice the rain and absolutely loves to dig new mud puddles when its raining.  I agree, once he dries off he is fluffy white and beautiful again - people often find it hard to believe when I tell them that I don't do anything in particular to keep him white.

As for swimming, when I got Bacchus I had an older Lab who loved to swim, so after he watched her he was willing to take some tentative steps in - but he wasn't the greatest swimmer!  Toward the end of last summer we were in Maine, it was hot, and we had seven adults/children and several other dogs all swimming in a shallow river.  That time he really did have to swim where it got deeper and did seem to like it - I think he was feeling very left out.  I want to keep his interest in water up so I "borrow" Labs whenever I can to encourage him!

Laurie & Bacchus & Caelus (new beagle-mix pup)