RE: [pyrnet] Water and Rain

Loving all the water/rain/snow stories!  These dogs are one of a kind, that is for sure.  We got Liberty (AKA Bitty Girl) in the U.P. of Michigan in January of 2003.  So, she was a snow dog from the start!  Loves the snow - when we had a few snowstorms this winter here in Virginia, she went ape to get out in the stuff - you would never guess she was 7 yrs old.  When we got her, we also had a 3 yr old Lab, C.J.,  who LOVED the water.  We lived near an ATV/snowmobile trail that had lots of beaver ponds along the sides.  That dog was in that water all the time.  Bitty Girl followed C.J. everywhere.  I about peed my pants laughing the first time she swam!  She jumped right in to follow C.J., and she flailed her front paws out of the water - splashing water everywhere.  I thought I was going to have to go in after her - but she managed to keep her head above the water, and actually got to be a good swimmer.  She swam in Lake Superior and Lake Michigan while we lived in Michigan.

When we moved here to VA, we moved into a neighborhood with private access to a river.  The neighborhood kids go down there to swim, and we have brought the dogs down there soem.  For whatever reason, Bitty Girl won't swim in the river (and it is slow moving) but she will get in, and sit down, with just her head sticking out of the water!  She didn't even mind the kids swimming all around her.  But the kids freaked out when she got out of the water - they had no idea of her size!  Then you get 'the question'  "What kind of dog is THAT!?!?!?!"

Now baths - that is another story :)

Melissa, Liberty, and Timber