[pyrnet] CHAT: Introducing Tucker

After my sweet Pico left me in December, I took a little while to think about my next step, did I want another dog, did I want another Pyr, Laela seemed pretty happy being an only dog, did I want to change that…blah, blah, blah. When I took in my cousin’s dog for a month, back in March, it convinced me that Laela and I needed another dog around the house. So I contacted Pico’s breeders and let them know that I was interested in getting a puppy.

On April 1, I took a ride down to Karen’s kennel and picked up “Crash” as he was called then. At that time, Crash was 35-40lbs and about 4 months old. He is now a little over 6 months old and about 60 lbs. He is just an adorable puppy with that fluffy puppy coat and a constant grin.  When I first brought him home, Laela was not quite sure if she wanted to keep him. He would get in her face and she would try to eat him so there was a fairly constant back and forth between them. After a week or so of that, I saw Laela actually playing with the puppy one morning. What a relief!

Now they are constant companions, they have play sessions at least once a day and are usually found in close proximity to one another. When I come home from work, Laela is usually found lying next to his crate, keeping him company. She seems to be very happy with her new puppy and I think it has taken a couple years off of her.

I took a while to find a name for him. I had made a list before picking him up, but nothing seemed to fit Crash, well, except for Crash! Then I was chatting with a friend of mine and she mentioned that one of her favorite dog names was Tucker. It seemed to resonate with me and I took it home and tried it out on him and Tucker he became.  So please welcome Tucker to the list, he is a welcome addition to our little family.

Thanks Karen!

Elaine, Laela and Tucker

P.S. When I was looking through the papers that Karen gave me for Tucker, I found that he had been born on the day that Pico passed. Isn’t that odd?