RE: [pyrnet] peeing on guest bed

My guess is, if I opened the door now she might do it once but if it was always open I doubt it. My Dadâs Chihuahua used to always pee on any new girlfriendâs bed pillow, so at least he found it amusing unlike my mother-in-law! I did not use bleach to wash the comforter because of our 24 year old septic system and it was down-she didnât say anything but I could tell she was horrified.

From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Laurie McDonough
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:16 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] peeing on guest bed

Hi Sherri -

Is this something he never does when guests are not present, even if the door to the room is open?

The past two week Bacchus has seemed to have a little attitude problem about me taking Caelus (new, younger beagle mix) out to go pee before I take him.  (My thinking was that the older house-trained dog could wait his turn).  So Bacchus has peed several times on my bedroom carpet (the only room in the house with carpet) and a couple of times on the tile near the door - while I was outside with Caelus.  It's maddening.

Whether or not your dog likes the guests or they like him, it's probably a territory issue, but I will defer to others with more experience and knowledge.  Thought I would share my frustration so you don't feel alone!

Laurie, Bacchus & Caelus