[pyrnet] RE: ÂÂÂ [pyrnet] Opinion and Advice about Dog Day care for vacationââ

<< Please let me know. I have never had to take one of my dogs to a place like that and I don't know where to begin or what to look for

Any insight or would help a lot even if it is anecdotal >>

Hi Christine,

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ I have always kenneled my dogs and can think of only 2 minor issues in the past 20 years or so that I have been doing it. Here are some things that I have leaned over the years.

I talk to the owner before I even go for a visit, if I donât like them, I doubt I would like their kennel.

I make sure that I inspect the kennel and see where my dogs are being kept.

I always give them daily play time.

I always bring their food packed by daily serving in plastic baggies.

I bring their second favorite toy, one that we wonât mind losing. Â

I write out my directions ahead of time instead of trying to remember everything while dropping them off.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ I make sure that my dogs have spent at least one night in the kennel before I leave them for any period of time. Tucker just spent his first overnight a couple weekends ago. He did just fine.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ I always call at least a couple times during my vacation so they know I am interested in how things are going.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Thatâs it. I hope you find a good kennel for Kodiak and have a wonderful vacation!

Elaine, Laela and Tucker