Re: [pyrnet] Stinky Dog

In a message dated 6/26/2010 9:42:55 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, trudysdogs@gmail.com writes:

he doesn't lick but scoops with his whole face and neck!!!!! (which is why I carry a towel with me every where and company runs in horror!)
lol!  I love the visual.  Hoards of people running, screaming with a grinning Pyr with water dripping from his face loping after them.
athlete foot cream
I'd try a powder rather than a cream - it will help dry it out.  There are several over the counter types.  Gold Bond is probably one of the best choices,  but if you find out you need an antibiotic - ask your vet about Neo-Predef - this stuff is amazing - cleared up a hot spot almost like magic.  It's a powder with an antibiotic.  Also has a sulfate which works well for fungus type stuff.
Can't help with the collar issue.  I'd worry about him getting lost on one of his walk-abouts.   Maybe you can cover his collar with some type of fleece, the type that is used for bedsores?  hmmmm
Best of luck.

Cat
Lily (now gone on ahead)  & Soleil (Great Pyrs)
Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great Cats)
Red Birdie, (African Grey parrot)