Re: [pyrnet] Stinky Dog

On 6/26/2010 12:50 PM, ChristineCvs@aol.com wrote:
Cody has ongoing problems with skin and was diagnosed as having recurrent pyoderma.  He is on meds for this and when he has an outbreak of sores, I use fuciderm ointment (antibiotic).  Your pup's infection sounds like it could be a staph type and an antibiotic cream would be good.  If it doesn't clear up, a run of antibiotics may be needed.  Cody does have to use antibiotics once in a while if I can't control the sores with fuciderm.  Shaving your pup's affected area was a good idea to help keep it clean.  Also, I've used hydrogen pyroxide to wash the area and it helps.

Christine
Christine, Have you evaluated Cody's diet?  Have you ruled out food allergies or tried a raw or grain free diet?

--
Judith
Taos, New Mexico