Re: [pyrnet] GPS Tracking for lost Pyrs ?

Christine,  I am so sorry you had to endure that.  My pyr got away from me once when we were camping.  He pushed past me and out the door of the motorhome and I almost freaked out as you can imagine.  I ran out after him but lost sight of him quickly.  I ran inside for a leash and didn't know which way to look.  We were on the edge of a long drop and all I could think of was that he could have fallen waaay down and killed himself or have run away and I had no way to find him in an unfamiliar state.  I was in a panic.  As I ran around the back of the motorhome here this goofball was, on top of the picnic table, standing tall, surveying the campground and waiting I presume, for me to come and groom him.  I had gotten in the habit of grooming him on campsite picnic tables and he just loved to be up high where he could watch the world go by so I assume he was there doing just that.  I almost cried when I saw him and thankfully I didn't have to go looking for him but it could have ended much differently for sure.  I have lost dogs a couple of times and driven through my neighborhood and eventually found them but there are no words for the terror it brings to your heart until you find them.  Not always safely, unfortunately.  I don't know what else to do except take all the precautions I already take.  I no longer take my run-away boy to the dog park because he doesn't play, he spends the whole time we are there trying to find a way out or waiting for someone to come in so he can slip out.  My other 4 go and he stays home, unfortunately for him. They are sighthounds and don't need to focus all their efforts on escape.
  Roz, Mellow, and the hounds