Re: [pyrnet] GPS Tracking for lost Pyrs ?

Due to these hot summer days I have had to walk Kodiak later than usual and there are no street lights where we live. The stars do a great job plus we wear the right gear but the shape of Kodiak at night with light barely reflecting him creates an entirely different impression. That right there puts people on edge especially since for a short while there we had a coyote/critter problem. I am ashamed to say I don't know how I would respond with a stray animal the size of  a Pyr roaming around a campground.  I guess like everyone else my first response would be fear and panic. I mean in a circumstance like that could have ended up either way.

Thanks everyone for your empathy.

If ever there was one Pyr _expression_ this is unfortunately true, it is "A lose pyr is a disapyr"

From: "Bluebonnet" <bluebonnet_72@yahoo.com>
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 9:14:24 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] GPS Tracking for lost Pyrs ?

  I should have known we were in for it when my husband picked D'Artagnon for a name and Dart for a nickname.  Dart has definately earned his name.
    The scariest time was on a camping trip.  I woke up in the middle of the night and he wasn't in the tent. I started searching the campground.  I didn't know what I was going to do in the middle of the night in a campground.  He could have been anywhere.   I walked a few campsites down the road and there he was giving another camper a heart attack.  He was setting up a tent in the middle of the night, and Dart walked up behind him.  I guess the guy got to the campground really late.  Can you just imagine the impressiona pyr makes sneaking up behind someone in a campground in the middle of the night.  He said he thought for a second it was a ghost dog.  Dart was soaking wet, apparently he made a detour throuh the creek before wandering around the campgroun.  The other camper was thankfully very nice, and I gathered Dart up, brought him back, then tied the tent door closed.  The man looked familar but it was the middle of the night and I couldn't see well.
   The next morning the man walked by our campsite, and it turned out to be a man from our church.  We were at a campground an hour from our church, pretty crazy that Dart wound up in  his campsite.
    When I think how that could have ended I get sick to my stomach.