Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:38:26 -0500
From: chrissy@instant.net
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Aaargh! Bran and Canine Diet

It turns out unlikely it is bran. I have been looking outside to see what it could be. Yes, Melissa, he did have an adventure and I don't think he slowed down enough to graze. The vet is certified with the ultrasound and they want to give him the barium liquid and take images. I just came from the vet and Kodi looks good.
They groomed him and removed all the burs from his coat. He basically hangs out in front of the little cages where they keep pets they board.

I would really like Kodiak to have a bowel movement at the vet's office only I do not know what to suggest.
The biggest problem is that if he doesn't feel comfortable he won't take a poo and he hasn't since Sunday. He has eaten two cans of dog food since then.
The "obstruction" is too far up to respond to an enema. It is in between the the large & small intestine.
The vet tech mentioned the possibility of giving him hydromorphone in the hope it will automatically generate a poo but I think it will make him vomit.
I think Kodi might be more responsive if we take him for a walk however I can't be sure.
I am going back at 3:00. I feel like I should be more proactive only I am uncertain how to proceed.
I know most of my posts are dramatic these days and I want to thank you for your support.
Christine