Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20101102

Hi,

I don't know much about hip displasia, but would any sort of brace help?  Cody tore the ligaments in his hind leg this summer and he isn't a candidate for surgery because of his age and fear of any vet clinic (he works himself into a grand mal seizure).

I got a brace for him and it is wonderful.  He can go out and keep an eye on his property.  Without the brace, we couldn't let him outside of a contained area because of the risk of running or chasing something and doing more damage to the knee or blowing the other one.

I got the brace from Canadian Animal Rehab Services, which is in Ontario.  But, she can do everything by mail. It is all custom made.  Contact info:  Molly Barber, info@animalrehab.on.ca , www.animalrehab.on.ca

I'm so happy that I researched this and gave Cody his quality of life back.  He takes an anti-inflammatory once a day and pain med twice a day.  All this seems to be holding him well and I know I can keep him with me longer.

Christine