[pyrnet] Fluid from ear

Hi,

I've had a very odd thing happen with Cody, for the third time in little over a month.  He'll be sleeping and will wake with his ear and all the fur surrounding it completely wet in a sticky/oily substance.  Each ear has done this.  We know he didn't lay in anything, as he has been in the house each time.  He isn't showing any other symptoms.  The vet checked him after the second leak and all was fine with the ear.  She left microscope slides for me to take a sample if it ever happened again.  Well, it did this morning.  I cut off some of the fur around the ear and you can wring out the fluid.  Has anyone had anything like this happen?  The amount of fluid that leaks has to be substantial to give the amount of wetness on his fur.

It is not saliva from his mouth, or anything from his eye - otherwise there would be a "trail".  I'm taking the sample into the vet tomorrow and hope she can determine what it is.  We've never experienced anything like this with any of my previous dogs.

Christine