Re: [WW] Hi all!

>Since WW is a military game, one player inevitably outranks the others and
is
>in charge most of the time. How do you feel about that?

I think it has both good and bad aspects.  Having someone with higher rank
means that someone has the final call as to a party's actions.  When the
group is split as to what to do in a planning session, there is someone who
HAS to make the call.  As long as its the right player who has command,
things are good.  The player needs to not abuse the characters rank.  With
good leadership, many groups will prosper, and achieve more than they
otherwise would have.

However, if the wrong player has the character with rank, it can cause
problems.  A wishy washy player will slow the game down because they
cant/wont make decisions.  A player who is too bossy can make the game less
fun for the other players. A good player will use their character like a
good leader would in real life:  Allow everyone input, talk things through,
and them make the final call themselves.  This allows everyone to have
input, and feel like they make a difference and get to participate.

Of course, this is assuming there isnt too much of a difference in rank, a
general is not likely to be palling around with a bunch of privates, and if
he was hanging out with the enlisted folk, he wouldnt be likely to listen
too much to what they have to say.

John