Re: [WW] Question for everyone

>Mario Lee Bansen III schrieb:
>
> > Last week's WWII (Weird War II) playtest we were run down into an
> > underground caves by Hopler's Nazis and we bumped into Carrion Crawlers
>and
> > Goblins. This didn't really feel right for WWII to me. What are your
>guy's
> > thoughts on this?
>
>Playing Deadlands  I often think about a kind of "Weird Germany" and
>somehow I
>always have  something like a twisted sort of elves and dwarves on mind...
>So I think, in German horror fabulous creatures fit very well - especially
>when
>the "good" ones aren`t as good as everyone believes them to be.

Yup. One great source for me was Raymond Feists Faerie Tale. The fay in that
book were not nice, even the ones who were supposed to be "nice" were not
that good.
Fantastic creatures should have their own agenda, and who knows how that
fits with the human world? What you see as evil, they might see as a
nessicity. And European mythos has way to many fantastic creatures to have
to rely upon D&D critters.

Jimmy the Barrel