Re: [WW] Goblins, etc.

Good point Shane. I agree.

Also, if you want to take away from the D&D feel, never name them as a D&D
critter, even after the session. If you want to put in carrion crawler,
never acknowledge that they are those critters. Part of the game is that you
take away the experiance and if you know you just fought a carrion crawler,
it can take away from what you just experianced IMHO.
Name them something else if you want to give the party a name for them.
Grave worms or some such name would take away the D&D feel.

Ya want to put a bugbear into the game?
Put it in a Nazi uniform and now it is a Nazi experiment in cross-breeding
humans and animals. Don't name it as a bugbear and you can control the
tension of the game more, and they can take away something more than "I just
fought a bugbear.".

D&D critters are fine if you take away the D&D aspects of them and make them
fit the genre with a few tweeks.

We should make a new bestiary with appropiate D&D critters renamed and
tweeked to fit the WWII setting.

Just my thoughts

Jimmy the Barrel