Re: [WW] WW/Great Rail Wars (long) [PEG]

>I have already given consideration to this subject, and I am considering
>posting a website about it, with PEG's blessing.  Here are my initial
>thoughts.
>
>1. Will PEG have a "big picture" storyline? this could significant to troop
>types available.
>2. Americans would basically be USA Troopers with gatling rifles. (gatling
>rifles are basically SMG's)  Their list would also include OSI troops
>(Agency w/Occult)
>Also the US would be allowed hucksters and blessed.
>3. Russians would have a "old world" feel, which would include wolves and
>nosferatu and witches.  Russian soldiers would have the stats of gunmen.
>4. The krauts would have CSA troopers, walkin' dead and automatons.  They
>would also be allowed sorcerers.
>5. An optional "Gear Krieg" rule allowing the neat walker type models from
>Games Workshop: you could use the derailed rules.
>6. New special ability- Lycanthrope.  All heros (and the German SS) would
>become Werewolves on a red joker, and turn back on black jokers- use Loot!
>markers where they leave their gear, so they can get it back.
>7. I don't have anything for the Brits, but I am open to suggetions.
Same as Americans, with lousy anti-tank weapons.  American squads could have
more choices of equipment than most of the other nations (except Germany
pre-42.  then again, it depends on the story line...)

>8. Generic troops: Snipers, heavy weapons and conscripts- more on this
>later.
>9. Heavy weapons would be slightly cheaper for Germans if it was to be
>historically correct (at least on the Eastern Front).

You could give each German squad a LMG, since that is how they were
historically organized.  If you just wanted to be cinematic, the CSA is
probably just fine.
There should be some attempt to include leaders in each squad, but leaders
could be made with the hero creation rules.
>10. I don't think there should be any changes to the basic rules except
>maybe fate chips. A optional system is being considered using bidding and
>cigarettes (candy or whatever).

Great idea--those mini hershey bars could work.  In my hierarchy, Krackle is
blue, Mr. Goodbar is red, reg. hershey and "special" dark is white...:)
WHatever you have left, you get to eat at the end of the game.  Or if you
get hungry while your foes are eatin' dirt...