Re: [WW] Howdy and ...

mAdHaTtEr asked:
>Speaking of GenCon, who all on this list will be there?

Sadly, no. Just Origins this summer.  (Stupid friends getting stupid
married... grumble...)

>Being a Deadland fan I'm also looking forward to DL d20.
>Does anyone know if that product will be ready by gencon?

This is just a guess, but since adventures (Dead Presidents) are already
being produced with dual stats (Deadlands and D20) then it should be out
fairly soon. I'm hoping for Origins.

>Here's a question I was discussing with one of my players last night -
> >what kind of sessions do you plan to run at first? My friend suggested >I
>run a bunch of one-offs at first with pregens.

That's my preferred method with a new group or a new game. Gives everyone a
feel for the different character types and the flow/tone of the game. It
also lets the GM "test drive" the engine and make any mistakes upfront, or
try out a house rule or two without skewing anything in the long term.

Sandor