Re: [WW] All's quiet

What inspires me about Weird Wars is the Pacific
Theater. I've always wanted to run a game based on a
combat air squadron in the Pacific, and Weird Wars is
what's going to hook my players (who love Deadlands
and d20, but wouldn't play a straight WWII game).

What's going to keep it from tanking? Weird Wars
allows a CO to use real history but not be constrained
by it. It's like having the world's most detailed
meta-plot already written. A CO can use history for
inspiration, but the players know that history has not
progressed as it did in the real world so an Allied
victory is not secure. A CO will be able to instill
fear in players because the players will understand
the consequences of loosing.

And of course the CO being inspired by the material
always helps.

-N