[WW] Final Verdict

Dear List!

Now that i have tread loose a lively discussion, let me end it:

> I think the Website is Great.  Its updated weekly for the most part.

For the most part. While this is not bad, to me the updates often lack
meat. I appreciate the effort Shane is doing - especially after the
"restructuring" (we are in the same process right now). But
nonetheless I feel somewhat left out of the loop - especially with hot
new product like Weird Wars. I have been looking for weeks to a new
installment of the production guide, but nothing has changed after
part 9.

What is keeping them to use friendly transcripts of the Origins
"playtesting" to further fuel the fire? Or publish some interior art,
a 2 page .pdf-excerpt of the final rules, a very simple introductory
adventure? And with a glance into the future I guess people on this
list would love to contribute something that lands on the official
site, won't you?

> It keeps the players up to date with the news, the online store is
> better then most.

Which does not speak well for most. International orders still have to
select a US state in order to advance to ordering and with a
prohibitive transport cost (not the shops fault) as well as normal
prices the shop isn't quite that interesting ;-).

> The only problem I here about is the lack of Netscape support, but
> that should'nt matter since Netscape is dead.

Aha. So we yield to the evil empire now? In spite of all monopolistic
behavior and the recent change of verdicts (i wonder how much
Microsoft contributed to minority president Bush's campaign) there
are still people who use Netscape. In statistics of the diverse
websites we host, a goodly 25% do so and e.g. Opera gains in
importance - mostly from professional or advanced users.

> I think its a better sight

No, it does not look better. The WotC site is a bit overlarge, but
they do try to offer valuable content (i like the map a week for
example). But that's a different ballpark altogether. AEG's website
su*** as they hardly ever change content and do not offer any goodies
(as far as i can tell and i drop by occasionally for Warlord, BNW or 7th
sea RPG information).

Almost every gamer will drop by a website and it has become a MAJOR
outlet for public relation and therefore for sales.

As you all I do wish PEG to succeed - I like the innovative product
coming out of it. But what kann Shane do?

I guess I'd rather tell Shane directly - there is no use of waltzing
it out here...

Regards,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833