Re[2]: [WW] DMG?

> What you dislike, is exactly the reason Wizards agreed to do the OGL.  They know that for every good D20 game put out there, someone is gonna have to also shell out an extra $60 bucks to play it.
> They don't have to worry about putting out a decent game world themselves.. they can now ride the coattails of anyone who wants to use D20.  Unfortunately for those of us who love what PEG or other
> small companies puts out.. we also make money for Wizards...

Normally one to root for the underdog, too. But give WotC some slack
this time: Of course they are acting in their self-interest. That's
what economy is all about.

I hadn't played D&D for 10 years - but this new edition is beautiful!
The Players Handbooks is great, I haven't seen as beautiful monsters
ever as I have in the MM and the DMG, well, you don't need it that
much (they are overdoing the prestige class thing, starting there, I
believe).

With all those publishers jumping on the train (PEG included) it seems
to work. And in one thing they are right: It's awfully hard to find a
roleplaying group these days (most of the old school are actually
working now ;-)). And if this brings new players to the hobby,
everyone will benefit. Everyone.

As to key concepts of d20: on www.wizards.com/d20 you will find files
for the core rules (like environmental effects, death and healing, and
so on). Quite a few concepts are in there. So you might come up with a
way to go around the PHB/DMG/MM trilogy. I believe the things
explicitly not in there are character generation and character
advancement. But how hard is it to make up a character? Roll 4d6, drop
one and assign as you wish. Pick your class, feats and skills.
Character advancement is new level = sum of all old levels * 1000
(example: lvl 4 = 1+2+3 = 6 * 1000 = 6000 xp). Pick new feats, skills,
etc.
Information about _what_ you get has to be in Weird Wars, too.

Genug. Das reicht. Schluß.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833