Deadlands system & D20 (was: Re[3]: [WW] DMG?)

At 05:20 PM 8/10/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I agree...D&D is some of the best tabletop games that
>we've played.  Our Deadlands campaign is very much
>freeform, but even with that, we have rules
>discrepencies all the time (right Dirk?)
>
>Both systems are good.
>
>Though Deadlands has the a ton of potential with it's
>setting, I feel that the D&D rules pretty much let you
>go wherever you want, create your own worlds, and
>explore stange new ideas.  Some of the best games that
>I've had the pleasure to run or game in was D&D (all
>three editions).
>But don't get me wrong, my all time favorite
>game/campaign is the one I run every Tuesday.  It's
>our Pueblo campaign for Deadlands.  And I can honestly
>say that my group of players would agree with me 100%
>(ok, so maybe 90%).

I've found that the Deadlands system is quite adaptable to other genres.
Granted, the poker chips and dice don't add a lot to a fantasy campaign,
but they don't take any away at all.  My group played D&D exclusively for
years until I got them into Deadlands.  Later on, one of our many GMs
wanted to resurrect his old campaign world, but no one wanted to use clunky
D&D rules.  So, he converted the setting to Deadlands rules, and it runs
beautifully.  Check out their webpage at: http://homepage.mac.com/winterspell/

OT, sorta: Anyone know a good relatively ad free webhost?  Webjump, where
my two DL sites are hosted, is going down.   Yeah, I know they've been
berefit of updates.  I had my arm in a sling for a while and didn't feel
like coding one-handed.  I'll fix that soon... Anyway, if anyone knows a
good place to host 'em, email me privately.

-Evil Marshal Mayfield
Deja Zombie: The feeling you've eaten these brains before
Hell's Burrow- http://hellsburrow.webjump.com/
Hell's Bunker- http://hellsbunker.webjump.com/