Re: [WW] How to make the D20 system better

 >What my complaint is that some people might like D&D, but do like Wierd Wars
 >or Deadlands D20.  Now if they want to run it and want to go by the official
 >OG license, they should have to spend 85 dollars just to get the core of a
 >game.  Now I understand that 85 isnt that bad to start, to get into
 >Deadlands 2nd edition you need to spend around 60 but at least you know that
 >your going to use the majority of the books.

One small flaw in this.

I feel reasonably certain that is you took a random group of 100 gamers you
would find that 75 of them already own the D20 DnD books.

Heck, I loathe the mechanics, I have issues with WotC, but I own the three
core books myself.

 >To you realize if a company other then the ruins of TSR tried this they
 >would have been laughed out of the market.

No doubt about it.  But there is a big bonus to being the first in a market.

Or maybe not.  Look at the proliferation of Button Men.  Last year at
GenCon nearly everyone was putting them out.  That's because the licencing
was so relatively cheap it was almost Open Source itself.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

The magistrate should obey the Laws, the People should obey the magistrate.
                 -Poor Richard's Almanac 1734