[WW] War

> You nailed it, TERicker. And the Crusades, Vietnam, and WWI are all planned.
> As well as Civil War, Napoleonics. Everything that strikes our fancy. Most of
> these get one book, plus MAYBE an adventure book depending on sales. WWII
> gets more because it's so big and has so much equipment to cover.

Shall we rate this in order of "Awe" factor?

Vietnam: Very modern jungle horror - lots of prestige classes (tunnel
rats, airborne, navy seals, rangers, spec forces), lots of intrigue in
own ranks (officers just punching tickets, maybe allied with dark
powers?) = A

Napoleonic Wars: Ah, somewhat within the range of 7th sea. Daring
Hussars, Curassiers, behind the line espionage action combined with
backstabbing at the court. This is the time when people came out to
picknick on a hill and watch the gallant battle down below. Talk about
Hornblower. At the same time lots of action in the colonies - the
technological advantage is not as high (Zulus and Bure Wars in South
Africa, Sikhs in India, Cannibals in Borneo). = A

Future War: Be it Aliens or Weird Frontier, WWIII or Lost Colony. Darker and
grittier than Star Wars or DragonStar. Lots of good Books on that. Potential. A-

American War of Independence: The ultimate fight (and sacrifice) for
freedom. Watch the Patriot and then sit down to play. More of a
Deadlands feel, with English atrocities in a very wild East. C+

30-year-War: The scourge of Central Europe 1618-1648. Protestants vs.
Catholics, North vs. South. From the Spanish to the Swedish every
major house was involved. Armies and Mercenary troops don't have their
own logistics but live of the land. Pitch in the Bubonic Plague and
you have the Apocalyptic Riders celebrating a feast. Problem: Probably
few Americans even know about this war ;-). = C

WWI: As mentioned before, potentially stale, a lot less exciting than
WWII. Possible adventures in the ottoman empire, some action in the
colonies, leading more to pulp adventures (Indiana Jones style, hidden
cultures in antarctica. = C-

Civil War: Already covered in Deadlands: D

Crusades: Very D&D like, without magic. I'd say this is covered
enough. = D

Anything else medieval and older would be covered by D&D.

did I leave anything out? Korea, Near East (How much xp can you gain
in 6 days? ;-)), African Bush Wars, South American Juntas, Cortez
Invasion of the Aztec Empire...

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833