Re: [WW] Assumptions (a bit OT but it does mention BARs)

> I love gaming books that provide full non-combat statistics and pictures
> of weapons.  It helps a lot to know the weight, the size, what it looks
> like, etc.  For real life weapons I tend to make assumptions that my
> players know what they look like, though several times I've made sure to
> stop them and see if they know what they're talking about.
>
> I've found that during character creation, simply mentioning some
> pertinent facts about the weapons they're choosing helps a lot,
> particularly with players who are trying to branch out but still want
> maximum bang for their buck.

Absolutely.  That's the only reason I own The Compendium of Modern Firearms
for Millenium's End.

[engaging nit-picking mode]

Incidentally, to the powers that be, the M1903A Springfield Rifle weighed
8.69 lbs (it's one of the very few things I remember from high school ROTC).
While the weapons table doesn't work to this level of accuracy, I think
bumping the weapon's weight up to 8.5 from 8 would be appropriate.

So ends the only piece of technical data on a weapon I can provide, other
than the fact that a US 37 mm ATG can support a dozen fifth graders climing
on it.

Theron
Houston