[WW] Story Mode

Hi!

> I heard of a similar incident, occurred sometime during the aftermath
> of the Crusader battles. During the course of the fighting both sides
> picked up transport from the enemy, so everybody's columns were a mix
> of German, British, and Italian trucks. At one point a British column
> and a German/Italian column passed each other side by side. Both
> withheld fire, partly because they were worn out after days of
> constant battle, and partly because neither could be sure it really
> was the enemy on the other side.

Northern Africa seems to be a good source of stories. One on
www.afrikakorps.de tells of an incident, where a German assault force
pretty much destroyed a British convoy. When they came close to mop
up, they found only the British tending to their wounded. In pity they
pitched in and helped out until suddenly another British force
arrived. The British in turn, instead of taking the Germans prisoners
just saluted when those guys left.

So each went apart, to shoot each other at a later time.

The moral of the story: Even in a gruesome war there are some stories
that tell of humanity still being alive...

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833