[WW] Sherman Tank vs. Purple Worm

Got my copy of Weird War Wednesday, found this list Thursday. Hi
everybody!

The Penetration Value vs. Armor system is nifty and looks like it
would beautifully for its intended purpose of vehicle vs. vehicle
combat. However,it does introduce an incompatibility with the basic
D20 combat rules. If one wants to match an armored vehicle- say a
Sherman- up against a monster big enough to hurt it- like a purple
worm- one needs to either give the worm PV values for its attacks and
an Armor rating for its hide or translate the Sherman's ratings into
standard D20 stats.

Has anyone come up for anything on this? I'm figuring the designers
may already have a rough-n'-ready system in place, but possibly not.
Perhaps the list members could brainstorm something workable right
here in this thread.

Matt Smith