[WW] Aimed Fire and so on...

Aimed fire just doesn't compare to Getting the Drop.

WW:BotR109 under Aimed Fire states that a full round of aiming grants a
+2 bonus.  This is something my players will never use since it's just
not worth it.  With the exception of the Hetzer (AC17), most vehicles are
not that hard to hit (AC12-14), so they'll opt to fire two unaimed shots
rather than one aimed shot.

On the other hand, since anyone in a position to do all that aiming is
probably in a position to Get the Drop (WW:BotR92) why not apply the
Getting the Drop rule to vehicle combat as well?

What's up with the weapon damages (WW:BotR80)?  An M2 firing a .50BR
round does only slightly more damage than a BAR firing a .30-06 round
(not sure about that, but i've held both rounds in my hands and there's a
big difference).  The BAR and the M1 Garand do the SAME damage as the M1
carbine?  Not a chance, i've fired all three and if they felt that
different on my shoulder, there has to be a difference on my target.

WW:BotR89 under Shotguns states that "In game terms, any character using
a shotgun gains a +2 bonus to her ranged attack roll, and an additional
+2 bonus for each range increment beyond the first, up to a maximum bonus
of +6."  PHB118 states that "each full range increment causes a
cumulative -2 penalty to the attack roll [not including the first]."
That would mean that a single barrel shotgun (range increment 30)
effectively gains a +2 attack bonus out to 90 feet.  This doesn't jive at
all with the summary table given on WW:BotR89.  Rather than an attack
bonus of +0, +1, +2, +3; shouldn't it be +2 for the first three
increments and then -2 for the fourth, -4 for the fifth, and so on?  Or
is the bonus on the table to damage and not attack rolls?

Is John Hopler retiring?  (see the author's dedication to his wife
Christy on the title page.)

WW:BotR69 under "Crew" says "If there is a second number, this is the
number of passengers the vehicle can carry."  There are no second
numbers.  The number of passengers is usually in the vehicle description,
but not always.  How many troops can the Trucks (73, 75, 79) carry?  How
about the M3 halftrack (76)?

WW:BotR107 under Hull/Body Critical Damage the "71-90 Fire" entry says
"Crew members can make a Dexterity Check (DC25) to extinguish the flames.
 Each successful check reduces the flame damage by one die."  Crew
members will not be able to make any ability check with a DC25.  Unless
there's a chaplain throwing miracles (like bless) around, even a Wehrwolf
would cook to death before making a single DEX check with a DC25.  There
is a big difference in a D20 character's ability to make saves (like REF)
and his ability to make ability checks (like DEX).

I'm sorry, but the Wichtlein (WW:BotR173) are Kobolds.  My group, which
has been playing D&D3E for about a year, will likely not be the only ones
to think so.

The Wehrmacht Sniper on p163 should be CR6 shouldn't he?

That's all for now. =)  i can't wait for "Hell in the Hedgerows" to come
out.  Anyone have an ETA on that?

Happy gaming,

screenmonkey

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!