Re: [WW] A WW demo

>I've been asked to host a Weird Wars demo for our local gaming store and
> >thought I'd share my demo idea with you all.

Excellent! Supportting you FLGS, your favorite RPG publisher, and gaming in
general is always a plus!

>The PCs are drafted by the mysterious OSI to parachute beyond enemy lines
> >on the mountainous border of Sweden and Finland to investigate a secret
>SS >experiment in a hidden artic valley of Viking ruins.
>
>What does a recent Tibetian archaelogical dig, an ancient Egyptian tome,
>and a reconstructed Viking ruin have in common?
>
>Find out in "North by Nifelheim" a demo for Weird Wars II, written and
>hosted by Nathan Letsinger.

Do the PCs have to be recruited by the OSI?
Overtly, I mean. Can they be sent in as just a crack squad with a cover
mission (which they beleive is the whole point) and maybe just a few players
actually knowing the real mission? I would just be worried that being so
up-front about the nature of Weird Wars would affect the suspense and drama
of players discovering that they are dealing with "something else" instead
of a new weapon begin tested, or whathaveyou.

Or are you posting this as a GM-level knowledge/spoiler for the benefit of
list commentary?

Sandor