RE: [WW] Adjusting Artillery Fire Question

OK, I may quote the book a bit much hear, but it seems clear to me.

1. Your man calls artillery.

2. He makes a artillery roll.

3. The first round hits in 10 minutes - 1 minute for every 5 points of his
artillery roll.

4. Your man also designates a spot were he called the strike to land.
When the time has passed and if your man was able to stay on the phone with
the artillery battalion that whole time he makes another artillery roll with
a DC of 15.
If he makes it the round lands right where he wanted it.
If he fails is deviates.

5. Whether it deviates or lands where it was suppose to the exact location
of where this shot landed is the target now. Your man can either fire for
effect, or he can adjust fire. Assuming the deviation was not to much its
likely he will fire for effect. If he adjusts go to 6, if he fires for
effect go to 7.

6. If he chooses to adjust his fire the following round he makes another
artillery check if its successful (over 15) then the round lands where he
wanted and he can then fire for effect. If he fails again it deviates.
Regardless at this point we go back to 5 if he fires for effect go to 7.

7. Fire for effect occurs and each round after a number of shells land on
that spot, some deviating clearly. The number of shots landing is determined
by the type of artillery, see the fire for effect table. Each arriving shot
will deviate from the target point. Roll a d12 for direction and roll the
distance dice listed on the fire for effect table for distance adding the
total up but discarding any "1's". Once you know where the round lands
determine normal burst radius and damage based on the round, have people
make reflex saves etc. as required.

So to sum up:

>>When the first spotting round hits and the targeting point is deviated
does
>>the War Master tell the spotter what the new targeting point is before he
>>rolls for deviation?

The war master does not decide the targeting point. The man calling for the
strike does. If he deviated and chooses to adjust fire he tells the WM that
he is doing so the next round, indicates his target, whether it's the same
target or not, and then makes a new artillery roll to see if he hits this
new target or deviates a second time.

>>The spotter makes a DC 15 Artillery check to see if the first round is
>>targeted right. Is this same roll used if he wants to adjust the fire or
>>should he make another new Artillery check?

See above, he makes a new roll each time he tries to adjust the spotting
shot. Until he makes his check the rounds will deviate each time and each
time he adjusts again he makes a new check. Basically this simulates his
commands to the artillery to adjust trajectory etc.

Hope I was clear.

Wes