RE: [WW] Adjusting Artillery Fire Question

>Wes Anderson wrote:
>
>OK, I may quote the book a bit much hear, but it seems clear to me.
> 1. Your man calls artillery.
> 2. He makes a artillery roll.
> 3. The first round hits in 10 minutes - 1 minute for every 5 points of his
> artillery roll.
> 4. Your man also designates a spot were he called the strike to land.
> When the time has passed and if your man was able to stay on the
> phone with
> the artillery battalion that whole time he makes another
> artillery roll with
> a DC of 15.

I agree with you up to this point.

> If he makes it the round lands right where he wanted it.
> If he fails is deviates.

This is where I have to disagree with you. This is not how I read the rules.
On page 93-94 under Adjusting Fire it says, and I quote:
"If the roll is successful, the attack is centered on the desired target
point."
"If the roll is failed, the attack is centered on an new target point 2d10
yards in a d12 direction from the desired one."
"In BOTH (emphasis is mine)cases, determine the actual impact point for the
spotting round as described under fire for effect."

Under Fire for Effect it says:
"Each arriving shot deviates from the attack's target point." Thus you roll
1d12 for direction and roll the deviation dice on the Fire for Effect table.

So even if the spotter makes his roll the "spotting round" WILL deviate. In
talking this over I think I have answered my own question. I don't think the
WM tells him what the new target point is.