RE: [WW] Adjusting Artillery Fire Question

> Behalf Of Wes Anderson
>
> Ignore that a round comes in when doing the spotting. The caller
> says I want
> to place it there. If he makes his DC 15 roll the target is placed exactly
> where he indicated and does NOT deviate. The rounds that were fired
> afterward in the fire for effect would then deviate around this first
> spotting rounds location per the rules.

 I pretty much agree with you on everything but this. I haven't read where
it says that the spotting round does not deviate. Is this errata that I
don't know about? Otherwise, where does it say that the spotting round
doesn't deviate?

Reading it, unless somewhere else it says that the spotting round does not
deviate, it plainly states that wether or not the spotter makes or fails his
check the spotting round DOES deviate.

It makes since that the spotting round would deviate. Deviation is caused by
alol the small things that causes a round to not hit its target..wind speed,
minor molecular differences, the shell not weighing the same as others,
different amounts (alibi very small) in the amount of explosive
material..etc.