RE: [WW] Adjusting Artillery Fire Question

>This is where I have to disagree with you. This is not how I read the
rules. >On page 93-94 under Adjusting Fire it says, and I quote: "If the
roll is
>successful, the attack is centered on the desired target point." "If the
roll
>is failed, the attack is centered on an new target point 2d10 yards in a
d12
>direction from the desired one." "In BOTH (emphasis is mine)cases,
determine
>the actual impact point for the spotting round as described under fire for
>effect."

Ignore that a round comes in when doing the spotting. The caller says I want
to place it there. If he makes his DC 15 roll the target is placed exactly
where he indicated and does NOT deviate. The rounds that were fired
afterward in the fire for effect would then deviate around this first
spotting rounds location per the rules.

If he fails a new deviated target point is established. If this is the case
the caller then decides if he wants to fire for effect on this deviated
target, or adjust. If he adjusts he points out where he wants the target to
be and makes a new roll. If he makes it that is the target and he can then
fire for effect on the new location. If he fails again a NEW deviated target
location is generated and he goes back to deciding if he should adjust again
or fire for effect. He might fire if he though the rounds natural deviations
on fire for effect would still affect the area he wished to strike.

Not he spotting round does NOT always deviate. The Fire for effect rounds
deviate in an area around the target rounds landing place. That landing
place will be where he wanted it to land if he made the roll and would be a
deviated place if he missed the roll.

Is this clearer?