RE: [WW] Adjusting Artillery Fire Question

> Behalf Of nvdoyle
> That looks to me like if the spotter makes the check, the -impact- point
> deviates some, and if he doesn't, it deviates even more. What a
> failed roll
> does is deviate the -target- point. The last sentence is important in the
> para above. Artillery check made or not - it seems that the spotting
> rounds -impact- with deviation. But all subsequent rounds use the -target-
> point, not the impact point.

Which, after this dicussion, leads me to believe the best way of handling
this is to have the spotter roll in a way that he doesn't allow him know the
result of his roll. This way, when the spotting round lands, he doesn't know
if the artillery is right on target or off target.

Makes spotting for artillery pretty difficult.