[WW] [DAK] a few notes

Dear Squaddies!

I am excited, that so many of you are interested to play. Now it's
your turn to get in those character concepts, and get them ironed out
with me. Preferably they should lead to a post as infantrymen.

Exceptions are ok, if they are well explained (your unit will be
assembled rather hastily, so a few "unfit" specialties could crop up.
Do expect those characters to be played as infantrymen though.

Expect everybody to start with the lowest rank of "Schuetze" (not even
private yet). This means, most of you are straight out of basic and
possibly advanced training.

If your character concept says otherwise - we will talk about it. Why?
Because I'd rather have people drop into command positions, that have
shown they are able to.

But, heck. It's your game, so I'll yield if I have too ;-).

In order to keep an overview (with so many mails coming in) I set a
filter in my mail program: Please include the string "[DAK]" into the
subject of any message pertaining to our game. DAK stands for
Deutsches AfrikaKorps.

Also you'll find the names of those players who have attained valid
status as squaddies on my interim website

www.golconda.de/dak

Supposedly this data will at one time be transferred over to the
chroniclers website. For now this is for my information only.
I am not linking to the character concepts yet, because I want to see
what your imagination is made off ;-).

And of course, the "best" background(s) will be awarded. XP, bennies,
rank, I'll think of something fitting.

I really am looking forward to it, and today my additional background
material on the Desert War arrived from Amazon. So there is a weekend
of happy reading ahead of me.

Which brings me to things to fill the time with, until we can start
(2-4 weeks are a good estimate, but time will be filled with
interesting things until then).

Those of you with some time on their hands could research some period
topics  - to get the feel of the period.

For example:
* What were the headlines in Newspapers in March-June 1941?
* What clothes were people wearing?
* Was there marketing for products? Which ones?
* How large were families, usually?
* What were the large companies of the day?

Just dig for some mondane facts, that your characters might know and
let us get together into the feel of things.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833