[WW] Women in OSI??

Okay gang, first off, I realize if I'm running the game, it's my call, but I
want to see if I missed something here.

There are two classes potentially available to women in BotR, medic/nurse
and resistance fighter.  If you begin within the first week or so after
D-Day as recommended, even the nurse wouldn't really be logically available.
Here's my problem, as it's written in the book, there's no way for a female
resistance fighter to join the OSI.

All the OSI classes require you to be decorated in battle against the
supernatural, and to be decorated, you have to be a member of the military
first.  While male resistance fighters did join the regular fighting forces
after the D-Day landing, I'm fairly certain women still weren't allowed.

Anyway, the basic gist is that a female resistance fighter can never
multiclass as it reads in the book because all the other classes are
military.  So, anybody catch something I missed here?

Clint