RE: [WW] Women in OSI??

> Behalf Of Jodi and Clint Black
> All the OSI classes require you to be decorated in battle against the
> supernatural, and to be decorated, you have to be a member of the military
> first.

I understand your delima, but I disagree with you here. There are two points
to my argument.

1) It is possible to be "decorated" and not be in the military. Many French
Resistance fighters were given medals and awards for their actions as part
of the resistance. I am using the rule that if you are a resistance fighter
and you roll for a "decoration" it means you are given some award and thus
are able to become an OSI prestige class.

2) You say, "Here's my problem, as it's written in the book, there's no way
for a female resistance fighter to join the OSI." then you mention OSI
classes. You do NOT have to be an
"OSI Class" in order to be in the OSI.

The OSI classes given are prestige (special) classes. I am sure there are
grunts, officers, pilots, and many other classes in the OSI that we don't
have yet.

Think of prestige classes as specials as special classes representing
special abilities. Are all snipers going to be the sniper prestige
class...not, but the really good ones will be.

While male resistance fighters did join the regular
> fighting forces
> after the D-Day landing, I'm fairly certain women still weren't allowed.

On the face if it you are right. However, imagine the situation were a
female resistance leader helps out a squad of GI's. While she is helping
them they meet the "unnatural." They are all recruited by the OSI. From that
point on she is a member of the OSI and the fact that she is going on combat
missions won't be questioned...and if it is questioned those doing the
questioning will be quickly shut up.

> Anyway, the basic gist is that a female resistance fighter can never
> multiclass as it reads in the book because all the other classes are
> military.  So, anybody catch something I missed here?

Technically you are right about the no multiclassing, but I feel that can be
lightened a lot. Suppose our female resistance fighter in the above example
joins the OSI and the OSI feels that she needs more combat training. They
could have her go to a special "boot camp" where she goes through the same
training as the men. Two months of game time pass and she comes back with a
level of Grunt or maybe even Officer.

Also, I allow my players (in certain circumstance and with good reason) to
multiclass into things that might not on the surface make sense...such as
the Resistance Fighter/Grunt character.
I allow the Resistance Fighter to take the Grunt class (minus some of the
military stuff) to represent the idea that the Resistance Fighter has gotten
used to combat and gained some technique and skill at it.

Note that this is shown in the rules as the Officers can go back and take
the Grunt class to represent "experience gained in the field."