From: coyote [mailto:coyote@hsonline.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2001 10:43 AM
To: weirdwars@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [WW] Artillery Fire and Fire Adjustment.

umm but the job of a forward observer, ie the spotter, is to go to the
location that is being spotted for artillery fire. it is a very danderous
job, but  as an example, an FO would sneak up to the top of a hill
overlooking a german HQ camp with binoculars, a radio, and a map..he finds
the HQ location on his map, radios in the map grid coordinates to the
battery of 105's, and waits for the spotting round and adjust as
needed....if the spotter cant see if the rounds are on taeget or not, then
he cant be a spotter, because he isnt there...FO/spotters, have to be able
to see the target area......anything else is just carpet
bombardment............coyote out........