Re: [WW] First WeirdWars Session

In a message dated 8/28/01 8:21:07 AM, gathomas4@juno.com writes:

<<
The OSI is a cool idea, but my vote is running the game for as long as
possible without any evidence to tip off the OSI.  The descent into
wierdness should be long, slow, and cause for the PCs to doubt their
sanity.  I think the exitless machine gun nest was perfect in this
regard--especially the charred corpse still going through the motions of
reloading.  Nice Job.

Happy Gaming,

screenmonkey >>

Yeah, that was a nice bit of horror. I'm suitably impressed.

If you're going to run a horror game then I completely agree with
screenmonkey on the whole "leave the OSI out" part of that, but to me a pulp
game is more fun. And part of the pulp is having a big scary overhead
conspiracy theory comic book type thingy.

I am going to run a couple of mundane adventures first, just because it's
more fun that way when the characters don't know when to expect the
supernatural. We didn't get that in Deadlands, and I always wanted to try
something like that, so now is my opportunity.

Peter

"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can participate in. Next
to soccer."
-Loki, Dogma