[WW] [DAK] New Feats

Hi there!

WW:BotR is finally in my hands. Leafing through it I was somewhat
disappointed, because there are few "cool" feats in it (apart from the
nice handling of leadership/command feats). From my own (limited)
infantry experience and what I read I pieced together four new feats
available for my campaign as well as reviewing feats from "Sword and
Fist" for use in it.

Please note, that the actual mechanics as well as the requirements are
subject to change, so take these (later on, mostly) at your own risk.

Feel free to comment on the ideas.

-----snip------------
New Feats

There is Cover Everywhere
Prerequisite: Alertness, Incoming!, Wis 13+

Sometimes war is very frustrating. You pour artillery fire on the
enemy, draw him into ambushes, snipe at him and still, when you go
ahead with your assault, there are still infantrymen opposing you.
There is a reason for this: experienced infantrymen learn to look for
good cover in advance, perfecting it to a subconscious form of art.
Whenever a patrol is ambushed an the character is not flat-footed, he
immediately gains at least 3/4 cover (+7 AC, +3 to reflex saves). The
WM is to decide whether he can have 9/10 or total cover (depending on
environs).

Coolness under Fire
Prerequisite: Iron Will, base attack bonus +4

Experienced Infantrymen know that worse is to come, when they are
being suppressed by enemy fire. From this experience they are less
prone to be affected by lead-heavy atmosphere. They gain an additional
+4 bonus to all saves vs. fear under heavy fire.

You Can't Hit Me
Prerequisite: Mobility, base attack bonus +4

Running up against a well-placed machine gun nest is no fun. Some
soldiers seem to be untouchable by enemy bullets, as they weave and
dive towards the enemy. Against a single selected enemy the character
regains his Dexterity modifier and gains an additional +4 advantage to
AC. Example: Private John Doe (Dex 15) runs up to a machine gun nest.
He is denied his Dex bonus (because of running) but gains +2 AC. His
total AC is 13 (10 +1 for his helmet, +2 for running). Sergeant Ben
Battle does his moves right behind him (seeing the Private fall). His
AC is 19 (10, +1 helmet, +2 running, +2 dex, +4 feat)

Not in My House
Prerequisite: Combat Reflexes, Rapid Shot, Automatic Weapons Proficiency,
Weapon Focus (Machine Gun), base attack bonus +4

Running straight up into a machine gun emplacement is the dumbest
thing a soldier can do. Fortunately only badly led or desperate troops
and US Marines do this ;-). The machine gunner can walk his field of
fire across charging enemies as attacks of opportunity. Every attack
is at -2 to hit. The number of attacks is limited by the dexterity
bonus. A natural "1" on any of these rolls means the barrel has
overheated and needs to be changed.

From Sword and Fist:
(clear with WM)

Expert Tactician (officers only)
Rapid Reload
Remain Conscious
Sharp Shooting

Just a last note: I love the book and appreciate the effort put into
it. Now let's get to work and give PEGinc good reason to turn out even
better books for the theaters and adventures...

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833