Re: [WW] My thoughts on WW2 Weird Wars

>First off Medals, I can understand if a Medal owned by famous person like
>Patton could have special properties. And it would be a large task to
>officially list the Medals including the Order ones for each Country, But
>there was a problem with Order Medals. An example of this problem is with
>the U.K. Order Medals now has at least three to four levels until 1935
>Canadians could only receive Medals in the first two levels, Also Allied
>Soldiers were awarded Medals from other Countries as well like France
>during
>WW2.

Once again, I don't understand what you're talking about. Are you talking
about the levels as they pertain to OBEs, KBEs and GCBEs, or are you talking
about something else entirely?

>Secondly once the Theaters source books Pinnacle should release more source
>books for each of the classes in the WW2 Weird Wars rpg, Ok I do realize
>that this is like the Deadlands rpg. But hey those style and type of source
>books work at least in my opinion,

Yeah. That's probably me not articulating myself correctly.

What I was trying to say was that even a 64 page book on the "Grunt" class
or the "Officer" class would probably end up being heavily padded, and
therefore not be good value for money. I'm certainly not suggesting that PEG
writers don't rock, but that I think they'd be hard pressed to be able to
fill 64 pages about "Medics." (assuming that 64 is the most cost-effective
way for them to print the book, of course)

I still think a military book would be pretty cool, though.

>Thirdly were is the reward list in the Weird War II source book?,  I know
>there isn't points for killing Soldiers but is there a list for taking out
>Machine-gun nest or destroying a tank?.

Erm...what kind of rewards did you have in mind? The Promotion rules are
based on experience (p158), and the medals are based on checks based on
actions in combat (p159). Again, it doesn't cover every possible
eventuality, but there's enough there to give you a guideline for modifiers
if you want to give them bonuses outside the list.

--Jacques (Chris' friend)

"Will a broken skeleton key open a broken door?"